Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Home Study Appointment

Oh hurry up and wait right? We had our first appointment today. The social worker for our case came to us which saved us so much time, instead of having to go to "R"! She says she'll come here every time if we want her too! It was a pretty easy appointment really. Just getting basic information from us and checking out to see if the house was suitable, which she says is! We just have to turn down our water heater a bit. If only this whole process was that simple! Now the MAJOR mountain of paperwork begins. I mean MOUNTAIN! The agency is apparently sending us the dossier packet today which is the international paperwork. Just as much if not more I'm sure! We have to get fingerprinted, and that's not easy to even find a place close that does it. "F" has one location but they only do it once a month. The fingerprints apparently take 2-3 months to process for the FBI and that is what will keep the whole homestudy from being completed. So we hurry up and wait as I said. We can pray that things will move along quickly though, and we will do that. Then we have to all get medicals and "M" and I have to get TB tests. Oh the fun!! But we are quite excited that we are finally actually doing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment