Saturday, April 24, 2010

Catching up a little bit on life...

Easter....even though Jake had already gotten out of his nice clothes!
Peter's 8th Birthday

Sisters

Playing with his new toys!



Peter's 8th Birthday Cake


........can't get enough of their hugs...........

.....opening Easter goodies!!!!!!!!!!!


.............brothers....so much alike!!!!

I am wanting to spend so much time updating and adding tons of pictures but I have five kids! I have NO time! I have not done ironing for my poor husband since before we left for Africa. Yes, that is over two months ago and yes, that means that I have two laundry baskets full of ironing. I iron now on an as neede basis. I have to catch up! I have had some wonderful people come and watch the kids, give me a break, teach Peter and Mary, fold laundry, and just be an ear. It is wonderful to have such support. Peter and Mary are just doing so well. Mark and I often look at each other and smile, over their heads, as we just simply enjoy them. Mary makes us laugh all the time. Literally. She is just a scream. Not too many people get to see just how much she talks and entertains. Peter has a funny comment for everything and that little boy knows his cars. He watches every car we see and knows what cars match the hotwheels we have at home. He's pretty sharp! The kids have even been able to talk to their cousin Lydia, in Washington, via skype. It's fun to see how animated they are as they watch her and talk to her. They have been able to skype others too...so amazing. Well, I hope to post more pictures and video soon, but I thought I'd give a quick update!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all are doing so well! Your family is so beautiful. Hey, and don't give yourself a hard time about ironing..I don't even know where ours is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very wonderful update!!! I'm sure Mom feels for you with that ironing.....:)
    Loved your visit last week! Say hi to Peter and I hope to see him soon, too.

    Love,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete